Welcome to the Team Lucca Blog!

Friday, July 10, 2009

It was one heartbreaking occurrence and one hilarious book that made me a runner. In 1992, my beautiful mother passed away from breast cancer. Soon after I started to look for ways to do everything I could to protect my own health and running seemed like one good idea. So I took off running - one mile at a time, day after day, week after week, until I was running a solid three miles, six days a week. The years went by and I eventually happened upon a book that would solidify in my mind that running would be something I could and would do for hopefully a very long time. The book is titled “The Courage to Start ~ A Guide to running for the rest of your life” by John Bingham. It is absolutely hysterical, inspiring and delightful with many valuable insights regarding the mindset of becoming a runner.

In 2003, I sought out a small group of our staff at Lucca who would run with me in the ”Race for the Cure“, and thus began what is now TEAM LUCCA.
Since then TEAM LUCCA has included up to 120 runners and walkers who have participated in numerous races here in Sacramento, as well as in Sonoma, Lake Tahoe, Huntington Beach and Temecula, along with Dallas, Texas, Boulder, Colorado and Tempe, Arizona where my oldest son Luke, completed a full Iron Man Triathlon event.
Many of the events TEAM LUCCA participates in are held for a good cause and all Sacramento races conclude with a complimentary brunch held either at Lucca or Roxy Restaurant, for all Team Lucca participants.

Our main focus is not how fast or how far one can run but finding joy in running while experiencing the balance running lends to our often times, crazy hectic lives.
I look forward to hearing from anyone interested in participating with TEAM LUCCA.
You may call me directly at either restaurant for more information.

Running like crazy,
Terri

3 comments:

Luke said...

leave your comment with us here!

michaelgenung said...

Love the messages & the "energy"/"passion"/"purposes"

Sydney said...

How do I join the team? :)